State Infrastructure Technology
Executive SummaryThe Infrastructure Technology Department is responsible for providing technical support and maintenance for the CNMI Public School System’s Network Infrastructure. By utilizing network monitoring tools, software, and network resources the Infrastructure Technology Department is able to ensure that the PSS network is optimized and stable. Thus, providing technical resources to all schools and central offices.
- IT Team responded and assisted to 897 Mojo Helpdesk tickets from June 2019 - June 2020
- Upgraded the Central Office MDF switch to expand connectivity and reliability of the central office network.
- Installed additional cabling at our GTC campus to help improve network connectivity to the main office.
- Installed Meraki Access points to help expand Wifi cover at the following schools: SVES, COVMS, GTC, KoES, OES, KagES, TinES, TJSHS, SinES, RHI.
- Installation of surveillance systems at the following schools to ensure campus safety: GES, WSR, KagES, COVMS, OCI, KHS, GTC. We have ongoing installations at other campuses.
- Upgraded HMS IDF switches to improve network connectivity.
- Expanded network connectivity to OPT office at Rota High school
- Expand network connectivity for Tinian Elementary cafeteria and building K.
- Successfully configured HA (High Availability) and QoS (Quality of Service) option of our school district firewall. Thus ensuring minimal downtime should we experience hardware failure on our network.